There are two worship services at South Church from September to June, at 8:30am and 10:30am, as well as additional worship services depending on the church season. During the summer, starting in July, we have one worship at 9:30am.
- The 8:30am worship is a quieter, informal service with music led by our Church Pianist Jim Mirakian. There is a dialogue after the sermon that allows for worshippers to reflect on and contribute to the morning’s message.
- The 10:30am worship service fills the sanctuary with members and friends of South Church. In addition to organ music, the Senior Choir offers the gift of song each week.
All are invited to Coffee Hour in the Social Hall after the 10:30am worship service.
Every Worship Service Includes
- An open and affirming message that no matter who you are, or where you are on life’s journey, you are welcome here.
- Traditional and Contemporary hymns.
- Music from our choirs or special guests.
- Communal prayers and the Lord’s Prayer.
- Scripture reading and sermon.
- Sharing of joys and concerns from the congregation, along with a pastoral prayer.
- An offering of our gifts and pledges to further God’s mission.
- A benediction to carry the spirit of worship out into the world.
Monthly Worship Experiences
- Communion Sunday: The first Sunday of every month we celebrate the sacrament of communion. All are welcome at the table; all are welcome to partake in communion.
- Second Sunday Music: On the second Sunday of September through June, there is a special music concert at 10:00am in the sanctuary. Each month features as different accomplished musician or musical group, with diverse genres from classical to choral to bluegrass.
- Intergenerational Worship: Throughout the year on special Sunday such as Thanksgiving and Christmas, children are invited to worship with their families, and the liturgy aims to be inclusive of all ages. There is no Church School during Intergenerational Worship, but there is childcare for infants and toddlers.