The educational ministry at South Church offers opportunities for faith nurture and development to people of all ages. We call our Christian education “Discipleship Education” to emphasize that we are disciples of Christ, learning and carrying God’s message to the wider world. This is congruent with our Church in Mission ideology. Discipleship Education occurs at all ages, and thus there are three separate ministries: Children, Youth, and Adults.
- Children’s Discipleship Education for preschoolers through 6th grade primarily takes place in our Church School on Sunday morning.
- Youth grades 7-8 also meet on Sunday mornings for a weekly program of fellowship and faith formation.
- High School youth grades 9-12 gather for Wednesday School, every week during the school year for supper and classes.
- Youth grades 7-12 are also invite to participate in our Youth Mission program. A year of service projects and fundraising culminates in three summer mission trips for almost 150 youth and adults.
- Adults are offered opportunities for discipleship education throughout the year through ongoing Bible studies, workshops, speakers, and retreats.